So, are we able to conclude our plans as below?

1. In Spark 3,  we release as below:
  - Hadoop 3.2 + Hive 2.3 + JDK8 build that also works JDK 11
  - Hadoop 2.7 + Hive 2.3 + JDK8 build that also works JDK 11
  - Hadoop 2.7 + Hive 1.2.1 (fork) + JDK8 (default)

2. In Spark 3.1, we target:
  - Hadoop 3.2 + Hive 2.3 + JDK8 build that also works JDK 11
  - Hadoop 2.7 + Hive 2.3 + JDK8 build that also works JDK 11 (default)

3. Avoid to remove "Hadoop 2.7 + Hive 1.2.1 (fork) + JDK8 (default)" combo
right away after cutting branch-3 to see if Hive 2.3 is considered as
stable in general.
    I roughly suspect it would be a couple of months after Spark 3.0
release (?).

BTW, maybe we should officially note that "Hadoop 2.7 + Hive 1.2.1 (fork) +
JDK8 (default)" combination is deprecated anyway in Spark 3.

2019년 11월 20일 (수) 오전 9:52, Cheng Lian <lian.cs....@gmail.com>님이 작성: