+1, I think it's good for both end-users and Spark developers:
* for end-users, when they lookup a table, they don't need to care which
command triggers it, as the behavior is consistent in all the places.
* for Spark developers, we may simplify the code quite a bit. For now we
have two code paths to lookup tables: one for SELECT/INSERT and one for
other commands.

Thanks,
Wenchen