Seems fine to me of course. Honestly that wouldn't be a bad result for
a release candidate, though we would probably roll another one now.
How about simply moving to a release candidate? If not now then at
least move to code freeze from the start of 2020. There is also some
downside in pushing out the 3.0 release further with previews.