This is a feature of GitHub itself and would auto-link directly from the PR
back to Jira.

I haven't looked at the PR dashboard in a while, but I believe you're
referencing a feature of the dashboard <https://spark-prs.appspot.com> that
people won't get unless they look at the dashboard itself.

What GitHub is offering is an ability to auto-link any mention of a Jira
ticket anywhere in a PR discussion (and hopefully also in the PR title,
though I'm not sure) directly back to Jira.

I suppose if you're in the habit of using the dashboard regularly it won't
make a big difference. I typically land on a PR via a notification in
GitHub or via email. If I want to lookup the referenced Jira ticket, I have
to copy it from the PR title and navigate to issues.apache.org and paste it
in.