I am changing my vote from +1 to +0.

Since Spark 3.0 is Scala 2.12 only, having a transitional 2.4.x
release with great support of Scala 2.12 is very important. I would
like to have [SPARK-31399][CORE] Support indylambda Scala closure in
ClosureCleaner backported. Without it, it might break users' code when
upgrading from Scala 2.11 to Scala 2.12.

Thanks,

Sincerely,

DB Tsai
Web: https://www.dbtsai.com