Not all the DDL commands support v2 catalog APIs (e.g. CREATE TABLE LIKE),
so it's possible that some commands still go through the v1 session catalog
although you configured a custom v2 session catalog.

Can you create JIRA tickets if you hit any DDL commands that don't support
v2 catalog? We should fix them.