Hi devs,

I know this is a super sensitive topic and at a risk of flame, but just
like to try this. My apologies first.
Assuming we all know about the ASF policy about code commit and I don't see
Spark project has any explicit BYLAWS, it's technically possible to do
anything for committers to do during merging.

Sometimes this goes a bit depressing for reviewers, regardless of the
intention, when merger makes a judgement by oneself to merge while the
reviewers are still in the review phase. I observed the practice is used
frequently, under the fact that we have post-review to address further
comments later.

I know about the concern that it's sometimes blocking unintentionally if we
require merger to gather consensus about the merge from reviewers, but we
also have some other practice holding on merging for a couple of days and
noticing to reviewers whether they have further comments or not, which is I
think a good trade-off.

Exclude the cases where we're in release blocker mode, wouldn't we be hurt
too much if we ask merger to respect the practice on noticing to reviewers
that merging will be happen soon and waiting a day or so? I feel the
post-review is opening the possibility for reviewers late on the party to
review later, but it's over-used if it is leveraged as a judgement that
merger can merge at any time and reviewers can still continue reviewing.
Reviewers would feel broken flow - that is not the same experience with
having more time to finalize reviewing before merging.

Again I know it's super hard to reconsider the ongoing practice while the
project has gone for the long way (10 years), but just wanted to hear the
voices about this.

Thanks,
Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)