Hi,

Sorry. A false alarm. Got mistaken with what IDEA calls "unused" may
not really be unused. It is (re)assigned in StageInfo.fromStage for
a ShuffleMapStage [1] and then caught in ExecutorMonitor [2] (since it's a
SparkListener).

[1]
https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/094563384478a402c36415edf04ee7b884a34fc9/core/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/scheduler/StageInfo.scala#L108
[2]