Hello Team

I am implementing /javax.servlet.filter/ to enable Spark History UI
authentication through Azure Active Directory. I have added the following
configuration to SPARK_HISTORY_OPTS:

/spark.ui.filters=com.company.project.spark.history.AADAuthentication/ where
AADAuthentication is the class implementing /javax.servlet.filter/.

As none of the ServletContext's in SparkHistory have Session Management,
getting the session object from the request fails with below error:

/java.lang.IllegalStateException: No SessionManager/

Jetty (spark's integrated web server) supports enabling SessionManager but
is not enabled for SparkHistory UI.  Spark History UI + Keycloak Integration
<http://apache-spark-developers-list.1001551.n3.nabble.com/Spark-History-UI-Keycloak-Integration-td26047.html>

topic explains on how to enable Session Management for SparkHistory UI
through a spark history configuration.

Can we please add this as a feature request ? I would like to submit a PR
with changes mentioned in the above topic ( SPARK-3168
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-3168>   attempted to add the
mentioned changes but the PR was withdrawn).

Thanks and Regards
G Srikant