Hi,

I have no work at the moment so I was wondering if anybody would be
interested in me contributing code that generates an Array[ParamMap] for
random hyperparameters?

Apparently, this technique can find a hyperparameter in the top 5% of
parameter space in fewer than 60 iterations with 95% confidence [1].

I notice that the Spark code base has only the brute force ParamGridBuilder
unless I am missing something.

Hyperparameter optimization is an area of interest to me but I don't want
to re-invent the wheel. So, if this work is already underway or there are
libraries out there to do it please let me know and I'll shut up :)

Regards,

Phillip

[1]
https://www.oreilly.com/library/view/evaluating-machine-learning/9781492048756/ch04.html