I’m not familiar with GitBox, but it must be an independent thing. When you
participate in a PR, GitHub emails you notifications directly.

The GitBox emails, on the other hand, are going to the dev list. They seem like
something setup as a repo-wide setting, or perhaps as an Apache bot that
monitors repo activity and converts it into emails. (I’ve seen other projects
-- I think Hadoop -- where GitHub activity is converted into comments on Jira.

Turning off these GitBox emails should not have in impact on the usual GitHub
emails we are all already familiar with.