Hello All,

Current status of features from the allow list for branch-3.3 is:

IN PROGRESS:

   1. SPARK-37691: Support ANSI Aggregation Function: percentile_disc
   2. SPARK-28516: Data Type Formatting Functions: `to_char`
   3. SPARK-34079: Improvement CTE table scan

IN PROGRESS but won't/couldn't be merged to branch-3.3:

   1. SPARK-37650: Tell spark-env.sh the python interpreter
   2. SPARK-36664: Log time spent waiting for cluster resources
   3. SPARK-37396: Inline type hint files for files in python/pyspark/mllib
   4. SPARK-37395: Inline type hint files for files in python/pyspark/ml
   5. SPARK-37093: Inline type hints python/pyspark/streaming

RESOLVED:

   1. SPARK-32268: Bloom Filter Join
   2. SPARK-38548: New SQL function: try_sum
   3. SPARK-38063: Support SQL split_part function
   4. SPARK-38432: Refactor framework so as JDBC dialect could compile
   filter by self way
   5. SPARK-34863: Support nested column in Spark Parquet vectorized readers
   6. SPARK-38194: Make Yarn memory overhead factor configurable
   7. SPARK-37618: Support cleaning up shuffle blocks from external shuffle
   service
   8. SPARK-37831: Add task partition id in metrics
   9. SPARK-37974: Implement vectorized DELTA_BYTE_ARRAY and
   DELTA_LENGTH_BYTE_ARRAY encodings for Parquet V2 support
   10. SPARK-38590: New SQL function: try_to_binary
   11. SPARK-37377: Refactor V2 Partitioning interface and remove
   deprecated usage of Distribution
   12. SPARK-38085: DataSource V2: Handle DELETE commands for group-based
   sources
   13. SPARK-34659: Web UI does not correctly get appId
   14. SPARK-38589: New SQL function: try_avg

Max Gekk

Software Engineer

Databricks, Inc.