This is a Velocity issue. Spark doesn't use it, although it looks like Avro
does. From reading the CVE, I do not believe it would impact Avro's usage -
velocity templates it may use for codegen aren't exposed that I know of. Is
there a known relationship to Spark here? That is the key question in
security questions like this.

In any event, to pursue an update, it would likely have to start by
updating Avro if it hasn't already, and if it has, pursue upgrading Avro in
Spark -- if the supported Hadoop versions work with it.