I agree that there is probably a majority still on twitter, but it would be
a syndication (e.g. we'd keep both).

As to the # of devs it's hard to say since:
1) It's a federated service
2) Figuring out if an account is a dev or not is hard

But, for example,

There seems to be roughly an aggregate 6 million users (
https://observablehq.com/@simonw/mastodon-users-and-statuses-over-time ),
which seems to be about only ~1% of Twitters size.

Nova's (large K8s focused I believe) has ~29k, tech.lgbt has ~6k, The BSD
mastodon has ~1k ( https://bsd.network/about )

It's hard to say, but I've noticed a larger number of my tech affiliated
friends moving to Mastodon (personally I now do both).