Thank you for the heads-up.

I agree with your intention and the fact that it's not useful in Apache
Spark 4.0.0.

However, as you know, historically, it was removed once and explicitly
added back to the Apache Spark 3.0 via the vote.

SPARK-31088 Add back HiveContext and createExternalTable
(As a subtask of SPARK-31085 Amend Spark's Semantic Versioning Policy)

Like you, I'd love to remove that too, but it's a little hard to remove it
from Apache Spark 4.0.0 under our AS-IS versioning policy and history.

I believe a new specific vote could make it possible to remove HiveContext
(if we need to remove it).

So, do you want to delete it from Apache Spark 4.0.0 via the official
community vote with this thread context?

Thanks,
Dongjoon.