I'm not aware of much usage. but that doesn't mean a lot.

FWIW, in the past month or so, the Kinesis docs page got about 700 views,
compared to about 1400 for Kafka
https://analytics.apache.org/index.php?module=CoreHome&action=index&date=yesterday&period=day&idSite=40#?idSite=40&period=range&date=2023-12-15,2024-01-20&category=General_Actions&subcategory=Actions_SubmenuPageTitles

Those are "low" in general, compared to the views for streaming pages,
which got tens of thousands of views.

I do feel like it's unmaintained, and do feel like it might be a stretch to
leave it lying around until Spark 5.
It's not exactly unused though.

I would not object to removing it unless there is some voice of support
here.