I like the idea of improving flexibility of Sparks physical plans and
really anything that might reduce code duplication among the ~4 or so
different accelerators.

Books (Learning Spark, High Performance Spark, etc.):
https://amzn.to/2MaRAG9  <https://amzn.to/2MaRAG9>
YouTube Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/user/holdenkarau

On Tue, Apr 9, 2024 at 3:14 AM Dongjoon Hyun <dongjoon.h...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thank you for sharing, Jia.
>
> I have the same questions like the previous Weiting's thread.
>
> Do you think you can share the future milestone of Apache Gluten?
> I'm wondering when the first stable release will come and how we can
> coordinate across the ASF communities.
>
> > This project is still under active development now, and doesn't have a
> stable release.
> > https://github.com/apache/incubator-gluten/releases/tag/v1.1.1
>
> In the Apache Spark community, Apache Spark 3.2 and 3.3 is the end of
> support.
> And, 3.4 will have 3.4.3 next week and 3.4.4 (another EOL release) is
> scheduled in October.
>
> For the SPIP, I guess it's applicable for Apache Spark 4.0.0 only if there
> is something we need to do from Spark side.

+1 I think any changes need to target 4.0