Cool, looks like we have two options here.

Option 1: Spark Operator and Connect Go Client versioning independent of
Spark, e.g. starting with 0.1.0.
Pros: they can evolve versions independently.
Cons: people will need an extra step to decide the version when using Spark
Operator and Connect Go Client.

Option 2: Spark Operator and Connect Go Client versioning loosely related
with Spark, e.g. starting with the Supported Spark version
Pros: might be easy for beginning users to choose version when using Spark
Operator and Connect Go Client.
Cons: there is uncertainty how the compatibility will go in the future for
Spark Operator and Connect Go Client regarding Spark, which may impact this
version naming.

Right now, Connect Go Client uses Option 2, but can change to Option 1 if
needed.