I successfully submitted and ran org.apache.spark.examples.SparkPi on Yarn
using 4.0.0-preview1.  However I got it to work only after fixing an issue
with the Yarn nodemanagers (Hadoop v3.3.6 and v3.4.0).  Namely the issue
was:
1. If the nodemanagers used java 11, Yarn threw an error about not finding
the jdk.incubator.vector module.
2. If the nodemanagers used java 17, which has the jdk.incubator.vector
module, Yarn threw a reflection error about class not found.

To resolve the error and successfully calculate pi,
1. I ran java 17 on the nodemanagers and
2. added 'export HADOOP_OPTS="--add-opens=java.base/java.lang=ALL-UNNAMED"'
to their conf/hadoop-env.sh file.

George