Hi Harsh - I'm happy to help as a reviewer/mentor.

Best regards,
Karan Alang

On Fri, Sep 18, 2026 at 1:51 PM Harsh Shah <
[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm Harsh, from Major League Hacking.
>
> MLH runs a 12-week fellowship for early-career engineers. They work 20
> hours a week and get a dedicated MLH mentor who runs their standups and
> does a first review pass before anything goes upstream.
>
> I'm requesting maintainers willing to be their point of contact:
> occasional direction on what's worth picking up, and review on PRs that
> have already been through our mentor first.
>
> They'd start on the less critical surface - docs, PySpark tests,
> spark-website, starter JIRAs - and begin by helping on user@ rather than
> opening PRs, as your guide suggests. If they earn more scope than that,
> widening it is entirely the reviewer's call, not something I'd want to
> assume up front.
>
> Two questions: does this fit how Spark works, and is anyone open to being
> that reviewer?
>
> Harsh Shah
> Major League Hacking
> https://fellowship.mlh.com/programs/open-source
>

Reply via email to