Yes, we can wait for both tickets. Please try best to get it done and
consider excluding if it takes time (e.g. an week) and there is a
workaround.

I've marked SPARK-44462 (https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/55410) as a
blocker (author is Jie Yang), but I've reviewed the PR and found a couple
blockers, so maybe we will have to leave it as known issue if those are not
addressed in the proper time.

SPARK-59122 (https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/58419) is also marked as
a blocker (author is Jie Yang) - the PR got approved by Wenchen/Dongjoon so
I expect the PR to be merged sooner than later.

I don't think I see other blocker tickets at this point.

On Wed, Sep 30, 2026 at 1:38 AM L. C. Hsieh <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Similar to 4.1.4/4.2.1 RC1, we found that branch-4.3 also includes
> SPARK-59407 with two regressions: the byte-valued event-log limit is
> checked against twice the UTF-16 character count, and the public JVM
> no-argument constructor of ReplayListenerBus was removed.
>
> PR #59074 addresses these issues, along with line diagnostics and memory
> limits, and is still under review.
>
> Could we hold off cutting RC1 before merging the reviewed fix? This would
> avoid shipping the current configuration semantics and changing them in a
> subsequent patch release.
>
> https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/59074
>
>
> On Mon, Sep 28, 2026 at 5:25 PM Gengliang Wang <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Jungtaek,
>>
>> I would like to get SPARK-59841
>> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-59841> (PR #59119
>> <https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/59119>) merged for Spark 4.3 to
>> address an inconsistency between the loadTable and loadChangelog APIs.
>>
>> Would it be possible to allow another 1–2 days for review and merge
>> before proceeding with the release?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 28, 2026 at 3:54 PM Holden Karau <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I’m investigating a back backport I made during some fixes and hope to
>>> have that resolved tonight, but otherwise I think we’re looking good.
>>>
>>>
>>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/holdenkarau
>>> Fight Health Insurance: https://www.fighthealthinsurance.com/
>>> <https://www.fighthealthinsurance.com/?q=hk_email>
>>> Books (Learning Spark, High Performance Spark, etc.):
>>> https://amzn.to/2MaRAG9  <https://amzn.to/2MaRAG9>
>>> YouTube Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/user/holdenkarau
>>> Pronouns: she/her
>>>
>>> On Mon, Sep 28, 2026 at 3:52 PM Jungtaek Lim <
>>> [email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hi dev, I'm a release manager of Apache Spark 4.3.0.
>>>>
>>>> We failed the release candidate 1 for Apache Spark 4.3.0, and I'm
>>>> trying to find the timing to cut the next RC. Last time I checked, there
>>>> are ongoing blockers (myself also filed a blocker ticket) so I kept
>>>> delaying to trigger a new RC.
>>>>
>>>> Since there were a couple weeks, I would like to re-check the blockers
>>>> before moving forward. Instead of just checking the JIRA tickets, I'd love
>>>> to collect the information from folks, who own blocker ticket(s) and the
>>>> rationale/justification of the blocker, and what is the estimation to
>>>> resolve it.
>>>>
>>>> Would you folks mind helping me to obtain the information? This will be
>>>> very helpful to find the timing to cut RC2 rather than blindly cutting RC2
>>>> and seeing it fail.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks!
>>>> Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)
>>>>
>>>

Reply via email to