Hey Laksh,

Not sure if you are interested in groovy at all, but I've got the
beginning of a project here:
https://github.com/bunions1/groovy-spark-example

The idea is to map groovy idioms: myRdd.collect{ row -> newRow } to
spark api calls myRdd.map( row => newRow)  and support a good repl.

Its not officially related to spark at all and is very early stage but
maybe it will be a point of reference for you.