Hey Raymond,

This won't work because AFAIK akka 2.3-M1 is not binary compatible with
akka 2.2.3 (right?). For all of the non-yarn 2.2 versions we need to still
use the older protobuf library, so we'd need to support both.

I'd also be concerned about having a reference to a non-released version of
akka. Akka is the source of our hardest-to-find bugs and simultaneously
trying to support 2.2.3 and 2.3-M1 is a bit daunting. Of course, if you are
building off of master you can maintain a fork that uses this.

- Patrick