Without bikeshedding this too much ... It is likely incorrect (not wrong) -
and rules like this potentially cause things to slip through.

Explicit return type strictly specifies what is being exposed (think in
face of impl change - createFoo changes in future from Foo to Foo1 or Foo2)
.. being conservative about how to specify exposed interfaces, imo,
outweighs potential gains in breveity of code.
Btw this is a degenerate contrieved example already stretching its use ...

Regards
Mridul

Regards
Mridul