Hi All,

Thank you Daniel for the update! I was also writing one when your email
arrived so I'm just adding a couple of comments to that.

New major version in JIRA:
Version 3.0.0 has been created in JIRA
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SQOOP/summary>, please feel free
to use it on the corresponding JIRAs from now. As per my previous email I
see no point in doing an 1.5.0 release currently so I'm OK with moving all
the JIRAs having fix/target version of 1.5.0 to 3.0.0. Any objections?

Update on the dependencies of the release:
* Gradle patch needs some finalization and can be committed soon:
https://reviews.apache.org/r/66067/
* Kite removal effort has been started: SQOOP-3313
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-3313>
* Hive 3.0.0 release is still in an early phase based on this email thread
<https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hive-dev/201804.mbox/%3c2ec60da6-0a2e-4f3a-92f2-e3ce9d497...@hortonworks.com%3E>
and has no ETA yet

Thanks Daniel for looking into the Hadoop compatibility question, please
let us know your findings.

Cheers,
Bogi