Hi,

On 27 September 2012 18:17, Wayne Rasmuss <
wayne.rasm...@perceptivesoftware.com> wrote:

> I've been working with UIMA and OpenNLP together. Basically I've got the
> OpenNLP/UIMA example working. This gives me annotated text with tokens,
> sentences, parts of speech, chunks (verb phrase, noun phrase, etc.) It also
> attempts organizations, dates and locations though I don't get reliable
> results with them. Mostly I'm interested in parts of speech and chunks
> anyway.
>
> I've been looking around and Stanbol looks like it may be easier to deal
> with and give me more advanced capabilities. I've done the first part of
> the getting started guide, but not the "full" version. I got he web
> interface up and was able to get some enhanced text. So that was great.
>
> After that I'm kind of stumped. I would like to get the annotated text
> (like I'm getting from UIMA/OpenNLP) so we can do analysis on it. Can
> someone help get started with setting up/calling stanbol so I can get the
> details in the enhanced result?

If you had an established UIMA infrastructure I would recommend the UIMA
integration tools for stanbol:
http://blog.iks-project.eu/tag/uima/

However, as you want to use OpenNLP specifically, the best approach is
indeed to use the native stanbol EE-s and replacing UIMA to Stanbol for the
management of the analysis chain.

Cheers
Mihály