Hi,

I followed the instruction here.
http://stanbol.apache.org/docs/trunk/tutorial.html

With one exception, where it says "From the source directory run", 3rd
step, I assume you meant from the stanbol top level directory, where the
top level pom.xml resides.

After this the "mvn clean install" fails, firstly because there is a solr
dependency on 2 restlet jars, discussed on this list at length, here
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/stanbol-dev/201304.mbox/%3ccaa7lao26hskuvrxsj2hrz+a2hxhi0hacmeipkhv-xttuzm+...@mail.gmail.com%3E

( so why have  a broken pom.xml in your distribution that does not address
the problem!?)  Searched for an answer, found one here -
http://restlet.org/download/maven, but neither approach worked for me so
ended up copying the jar files to my local repository, that worked.

Then finally I needed to find and download the opennlp dependency on jwnl.
Then ran this command to add to my local repository

mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=jwnl -DartifactId=jwnl -Dversion=1.3.3
-Dfile=/home/david/jwnl-1.3.3.jar -Dpackaging=jar
-Durl=file:///home/david/.m2/repository.

Now it builds.

So are my experiences normal or is the maven install broken? If this is
common then hopefully this helps someone going thru the same experience.

Thanks,

David