Hi Sebastian,

I finally managed some more time to work on this. I've run into good and bad
news: the good news is that sometimes RelFinder will find non-trivial paths
(something more complicated than "a and b both have some relationship to c")
but the results are somewhat wonky and I don't think it finds all of them that
it should. See the end of this email for the example RDF data that I'm using.

    This query correctly returns document-1 when executed on the Stanbol SPARQL
endpoint:
SELECT * WHERE {
?middle ?pf1 <http://some.org/people/person-1>  .
?middle ?ps1 <http://some.org/people/person-2>  .
} LIMIT 10

    And the following query correctly returns document-2
SELECT * WHERE {
?middle ?pf1 <http://some.org/people/person-2>  .
?middle ?ps1 <http://some.org/people/person-3>  .
} LIMIT 10

   The following query also works, however, I don't see it as one of the
Relfinder queries specified in [1]:
SELECT * WHERE {
?middle ?pf1 <http://some.org/people/person-1> .
?os1 ?ps1 <http://some.org/people/person-3> .
?os1 ?ps2 ?os2 .
?middle ?ps3 ?os2 .
} LIMIT 10

Should the above query be included in Relfinder for max relation lengths > 4,
and if so, any tips on how to modify relfinder? As it stands, the RDF DATA
VERSION 1 does have a path connecting persons 1 and 3, but Relfinder doesn't
find it.

Also, if I modify the rdf data to include inverse author properties (see RDF
DATA VERSION 2) then RelFinder correctly finds the path through the document
from person 1 to person 3, but starts adding spurious links when I search
between person 1 and person 2. For instance, it includes author and creator
arrows going both ways, like document 1 -> creator -> person2 AND document1 ->
author -> person 2. The last statement isn't correct and isn't included in the
RDF. I've attached a screenshot.

[1]
http://dbpedia.aksw.org/dbpedia_demo/dbpedia/tutorials/relfinder_search/demo_relfinder.php

RDF DATA VERSION 1: