My thought is that since 4.3.0 will be released (we hope) long before
the C++0x standard even reaches FCD status (much less be ratified about
a year later), the C++0x extensions would be disabled by default.  In
the 5.0.0 release, which should occur somewhat simultaneous with
ratification of the standard, C++0x conformance would be enabled by
default.

As for testing C++0x in the 4.3.x branch, we would just have to modify
the nightly build and test scripts.  You don't think we should bother
testing gcc 4.3.x builds WITHOUT the C++0x extensions?

Brad.