I just moved all of the non-Storm-dev addresses on this thread to bcc.  If
anybody is not on the Storm dev list and would like to continue to follow
this conversation, you should subscribe to the storm dev list.  We should
not be spamming everybody else.

There is a standard Apache process to deal with this.  JStorm can become an
incubator project.  Once JStorm demonstrates the ability to function as an
Apache project, it can graduate either to a top-level project or to become
part of a project like Storm.

A second mechanism is that if the Storm group is interested, they can
directly adopt the code as it is, possibly asking one or more of the
contributors to become committers to help support this new code.  That is a
much harder thing to do than incubation since it is unusual for a project
to be enthusiastic about supporting a large new codebase.