Github user wurstmeister commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/387#issuecomment-72336141

    Hi

    thanks for starting this refactoring, i've had this on my list of things to
do but unfortunately have not had the time to do it.

    A few suggestions:

    It would be nice to break up this change (maybe we can even break up the
jira):
    - ITuple refactoring & renaming of packages
    - addition of API based PartitionCoordinator

    This makes it easier to review.

    Also do we really have to make this a breaking change? Could we not just
have another implementation of ```IBrokerReader``` and
```PartitionCoordinator```, which are fairly clean interfaces. I’ve
definitely found the static partition configuration helpful when debugging.

    The use of the marker interface is fairly localised
(```KafkaUtils.makeBrokerReader``` and ```KafkaSpout.open```) so I don't think
it's too big a problem.

    If we want to get away from the ```BrokerHosts``` marker interface we could
add something more explicit to the ```KafkaConfig``` (e.g.
```config.partitionSource()``` which could return STATIC/ZK/KAFKA) - I think
this is more a question of style rather than complexity.

    Why did you remove the configuration for the batch coordinator in trident?
I’ve found that quite useful when debugging. I also think that mixing trident
and non trident configuration can be a bit confusing, some parameters, e.g.
```stateUpdateIntervalMs``` do not have a meaning in trident.

    Thanks again!