Github user revans2 commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/615#issuecomment-121968459

    @caofangkun I am a bit nervous about this change.  We are changing code
that had the option to auto create parents or auto-delete parents to not have
that option any more.  Yes this makes it simpler if you don't know if a
directory was created or not, but it becomes a problem in the case of ACLs.  If
we are running with security and we create a parent directory it may end up
with the incorrect ACLs.

    I would also want to see where each of these functions are called and see
if they all have :force turned on or not.  If they do the parameter is
unneeded.  If they do not I want to understand why they don't