Matthias,
Personally I can't turn off github notification because of I'm also
collaborator of Jedis, which repository is belong to Github. ;(

I just wish to reduce notifications via same event (Github event &
JIRA automatic posting) from dev. mailing list.
Actually I don't have strong opinion about this. Just a wish. :)