Github user revans2 commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/785#issuecomment-146246638

    @jerrypeng
    I keep going back and forth on how we want the annotations to work. Right
now they are more or less a one to one translation of what we had before.
Admittedly it is a lot cleaner than it was before, but I almost want to combine
some of the validators together.  Like

    ```
    @IntegerValidator(min=0, nullAllowed=true)
    public static final String SOME_CONFIG="some.config";
    ```

    instead of

    ```
    @PositiveIntegerValidator
    public static final String SOME_CONFIG="some.config";
    ```

    I'm also not sure about having validator at the end of each annotation.
But I don't think we can have a validator named the same as a common class.  I
want to think this through a bit more.