发件人: P. Taylor Goetz [mailto:ptgo...@gmail.com]
发送时间: 2015年11月11日 6:16
收件人: dev@storm.apache.org
主题: [DISCUSS] Initial 0.11.0 Release

I’d like to start discussing our next release (0.11.0).

First off, I’d like to create a list of issues/features that are in-progress
and not yet merged to master, so we can start tracking them for inclusion in
the release. If there are specific JIRAs you would like included, please reply,
and I will add them to the wiki page for the 0.11.0 release [1].

Second, I’d like to propose modifying the release cycle a bit. I’d like to
continue the beta release cycle we started with 0.10.0, but this time I’d like
to consider adding some sort of temporal constraint so we release new betas
more often — something like a new beta release every 3 weeks or so until we
feel confident in dropping the beta tag. IMHO, there was too long a gap between
0.10.0-beta1 and 0.10.0 and we should have had more interim releases during
that time.

Any thoughts?

-Taylor

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STORM/Release+0.11.0+Feature+Set