+1 as well. I support moving to the org.apache.storm package as early as
possible and I am OK with storm-compat. My only concern with using storm-compat
is if we are going to have to support it forever, or plan on dropping it after
a certain release. Backwards compatibility is a valid concern but it can become
very difficult to maintain older versions and at some point we must say that
only topologies built after version X will run for version Y onwards (Y > X)

Hugo