Hi,

today, the above question appeared on SO:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/34309189/how-to-get-the-task-number-and-id-not-the-executor-in-storm

The problem is, that

TopologyContext.getComponentTasks(<componentId>)

returns the IDs of the executors (and not the tasks). The name of the
method is not chooses very good -- I guess this dates back to the time
before the separation of tasks and executors...

My question is now:

 - do tasks actually have an ID?
 - if yes, can those IDs be retrieved?
 - can we get at least the number of tasks per operator somehow?
 - should the above method get renamed?

As the number of tasks is fix, one could of course collect this
information an pass it via the Config to
StormSubmitter.submitTopology(...). However, this is quite a work-around.

Please let me know what you think about it.

-Matthias