Github user revans2 commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/728#issuecomment-188822872

    Yes I am aware of it.  We are in the process of merging with the JStorm
project, and part of this merger involves moving most of the clojure code to
java.  In all likelihood the degradation is due to reflection happening on the
critical path because many new places in the code are calling into java that
were not doing so before.  I plan on doing some profiling soon and submit some
fixes, but it is very much a moving target so I have not been very motivated to
do so.  The code for the netty messaging layer should stay mostly the same
between 1.0 and 2.0 for this, so if you want to do your work based off of the
1.0 branch and show performance comparisons there being the same I would
totally accept that as proof that the code is good.
     - Bobby

        On Thursday, February 25, 2016 12:53 AM, Sun <notificati...@github.com>