Github user HeartSaVioR commented on the issue:

    @vesense
    I got an exception while executing topology:

    ```
    21:12:44.247 [main] INFO  o.a.s.s.r.DataSourcesRegistry - Registering
scheme kafka with org.apache.storm.sql.kafka.KafkaDataSourcesProvider@338c99c8
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalStateException: Bolt
'b-0-LOGICALFILTER_6-LOGICALPROJECT_7' contains a non-serializable field of
type org.apache.avro.Schema$RecordSchema, which was instantiated prior to
topology creation. org.apache.avro.Schema$RecordSchema should be instantiated
within the prepare method of 'b-0-LOGICALFILTER_6-LOGICALPROJECT_7 at the
earliest.
        at
org.apache.storm.topology.TopologyBuilder.createTopology(TopologyBuilder.java:127)
        at
org.apache.storm.trident.topology.TridentTopologyBuilder.buildTopology(TridentTopologyBuilder.java:265)
        at
org.apache.storm.trident.TridentTopology.build(TridentTopology.java:529)
        at org.apache.storm.sql.StormSqlImpl.submit(StormSqlImpl.java:134)
        at org.apache.storm.sql.StormSqlRunner.main(StormSqlRunner.java:63)
    Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.NotSerializableException:
org.apache.avro.Schema$RecordSchema
        at org.apache.storm.utils.Utils.javaSerialize(Utils.java:235)
        at
org.apache.storm.topology.TopologyBuilder.createTopology(TopologyBuilder.java:122)
        ... 4 more
    Caused by: java.io.NotSerializableException:
org.apache.avro.Schema$RecordSchema
        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1184)
        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.defaultWriteFields(ObjectOutputStream.java:1548)
        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeSerialData(ObjectOutputStream.java:1509)
        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:1432)
        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1178)
        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.defaultWriteFields(ObjectOutputStream.java:1548)
        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeSerialData(ObjectOutputStream.java:1509)
    ```

    Maybe `schema` shouldn't be parsed from constructor. (We could use it for
verification but shouldn't store it.)
    Instead, you can initialize for the first time of write() or deserialize(),
and reuse it after calling.

    Please let me know if your patch works well with SQL runner with remote
cluster.