Github user HeartSaVioR commented on the issue:

    @Crim
    One thing to be clear, please don't consider my comment as on behalf of
community's opinion. Opinions are completely on my own.

    To be honest, I'm not a big fan of test coverage for such a complicated
thing. What we call 'critical' is often from race condition, and I'm not sure
these things can be covered from tests. I agree that testable things should
have tests so always good to have tests, but there're still edge cases.

    We have Travis CI for checking the unit tests and some integration tests.
We're manually testing the patch before checking in unless there's a small
change so don't need to be tested. Basic manual tests are done while voting for
release. Two things we don't have are automatic system tests and automatic
performance tests, as it's very hard to get stable result automatically, and
also we don't have INFRA to construct.

    Along with Apache Storm community, there're enterprise customers as well
and I guess service vendors are fixing reported bugs fast and these are also
contributed to Apache Storm as well. More eyes and more early adopters can
greatly increase project's health.