Anis,
We already have the q-length being reported up stream.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-162
It works well, except when a topology gets really big the amount of metrics
being collected can negatively impact the performance of the topology.  By
really big I mean several thousand workers.
There has also been a push to redo the metrics system in storm so it is more
scalable and so that nimbus can query it.  That is what I personally think
would be a good long term solution for features like elasticity.  But I am not
really sure what you mean by load aware scheduling.

- Bobby

On Thursday, February 9, 2017, 10:34:29 PM CST, Anis Nasir
<aadi.a...@gmail.com> wrote:Dear All,

I have been trying to implement load aware scheduling for Apache Storm.

For this purpose, I need to send periodic statistics from downstream
operators to upstream operators.

Is there a standard way of sending such statistics to upstream operator,
e.g., a bolt periodically reporting it's local queue length to the upstream
spout.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,
Anis