Github user arunmahadevan commented on the issue:

    @revans2 , the latest version of tranquility-core available is 0.8.2 which
has this curator 2.6.0 transitive dependency.

    I think the storm-druid unit tests would use the 2.6.0 version of curator
since the version is explicitly mentioned in the storm-druid pom.

    If we decide to not relocate the storm's curator dependencies, storm-druid
with this patch will have a curator version conflict at runtime and may fail.

    The other option could be to shade storm-druid and relocate its curator
dependencies, but it may break the existing topologies using storm-druid and
they would need to use the relocated package names.