Github user revans2 commented on the issue:

    @HeartSaVioR That should be very simple to do.  Right now we are storing
the data in session storage.

https://github.com/apache/storm/blob/7ecb3d73e8e909c01d39e03a7a7ed45a2fb81859/storm-core/src/ui/public/component.html#L147-L153

    We could switch it over to something more permanent, that would survive
reboots.  The reason we didn't do that before is because we store the data
per-topology for some pages.

https://github.com/apache/storm/blob/7ecb3d73e8e909c01d39e03a7a7ed45a2fb81859/storm-core/src/ui/public/component.html#L140

    And keeping that data permanently would be bad for users as it would be a
memory leak for them.

    We could switch it to permanent for non-topology specific pages (a few
lines of change).  Also if you really want to we could add a new page to switch
the defaults for this browser on all topology pages, but that feels a bit more
difficult to get right, and harder to maintain if the page layout changes.