Github user revans2 commented on the issue:

    Conceptually the change looks like a good fix.

    When I first wrote the code I would launch a topology which depended on
several blobs, some that required a relaunch of the worker and others that
didn't.  I then manually verified that the worker was relaunched when I changed
the ones that required a relaunch and wasn't relaunched for ones that didn't
need it.  It would be good to at least verify that it is still working after
this change, and more importantly is this code needed at all if it was working
before.