GitHub user revans2 opened a pull request:

    STORM-3162: Cleanup heartbeats cache and make it thread safe

    This is an alternative to #2800

    @zd-project I had such trouble really understanding what was happening with
the heartbeat cache, because it was spread throughout so many files that I
couldn't really be sure that #2800 would fix the issues or not.

    I decided that I needed to refactor the code to really understand how it
worked, and provide a clean interface to the cache, which is what I did.  Once
I had that it became clear to me that #2800 would fix the immediate issue, but
there were other races in the code, especially with the caches for the
executors.  This is probably not a big deal but I felt it would be best to just
fix it too.

    $ git pull https://github.com/revans2/incubator-storm STORM-3162

    https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/2836.patch

    This closes #2836

----
commit 168a2075363be53d131f4ded41d29332ddce0f7b
Author: Robert (Bobby) Evans <evans@...>
Date:   2018-09-14T19:48:33Z