Hello

I am a researcher and newcome to Apache Storm. So I am sorry in advance in case my questions are a bit naive. While looking at UI, I see that there are executors on workers that do not belong to any component e.g. there are 5 executors while only 4 of them belong to the topology's components. What is the job of these extra executors?

Moreover, I try to make a new scheduler (using the IScheduler interface). I would like to ask if there is any way to add some dummy tasks (executors) per component in a topology to allocate them around workers along with normal tasks.

Thank you in advance for your time and help and congratulations for the excellent work you have done so far.

Kind regards,
Nicole