Hi All,

I hope all commiters / folks are in the mailing list now. Here I have
listed below, some identified improvements, features that like to have in
Stratos.

Any other improvements/features are mostly welcome and will add those to
the bellow list, then we can discuss and then will create milestones plan
for releases. ( We will commit current code based soon after we got the git
repository available)

Before that if some one want to get quick overview of current
release/architecture of Stratos please see [1] for my reason blog post or
more detail [2] with current product documentation, which will migrate to
Apache soon. Also we will organize some hangout sessions to explain current
architecture and code based, and it may helpful other commierts to come
up-to speed quickly.

Here the list;

   - Re-factor current code to Apache

First we will move current code based to apache and then start re-factoring
to apache and make a release without adding any other improvement or
feature.

   - IaaS Independent cartridge for Linux.

With the current architecture when you create a cartridge its depend on the
IaaS. For example If you create a cartridge in EC2, we have to make an  AMI
 cartridge. Likewise you have to create cartridges (say PHP cartridge) for
each and every IaaSs for support the IaaSs. As a solution we can introduce
LXC based cartridges (which IaaS independent cartridges) and can be
consider LXC is the default Stratos runtime container for Linux cartridges.
Also this will provide more scallability to the PaaS (I will start separate
mail thread with more detail on this)

   - Support Windows based cartridges.

If IaaS support windows VM then we can have windows based cartridges. It
will lead to have .net cartridges

   - Expand auto-scaling algorithm

Currently auto scaling decision take based on looking at length of the
http/https request queue. We have to expand this to consider CPU usage,
memory utilization ..etc of the cartridges.

   - TCP level load balance.

Current we only doing http/https based load balancing but need to expand
this to do TCP level load balancing.

   - Health monitoring

Current release we haven't much in the cartridge heath monitoring but its
very important and need to have in the future release.

   - Improving ADC (Artifact Distribution Coordinator)

Current release we only support git based artifact distribution and need to
provide more scalable deployment options

   - Light weight cartridge agent

Current load balancer used tribes based clustering. To support tribes
clustering we have to use java based cartridge agent and it will put some
unnecessary heavy load to non java cartridges like PHP. If we can moved to
Hazelcast Clustering we can have python based light weight cartridge agent
across all type of cartridges.

   - Adding more and more cartridges

We can have more and more cartridges like Python, Ruby, Node.js, Mongo etc.

thanks

[1]
http://lakmalsview.blogspot.com/2013/06/wso2-stratos-200-is-released.html
[2] http://docs.wso2.org/wiki/display/Stratos200/WSO2+Stratos+Documentation