it worked, there seems to be some parameters in our haproxy.cfg which is
upsetting this extension. On using default haproxy.cfg.template, it worked!
:-)

Can someone confirm, if  following understanding that ports from port
mapping section of autoscaled cartridge are used by haproxy extension in
the following fashion -

        "portMapping":[
            {
                "protocol":"http",  // protocol
                "port":"80",  // port on autoscaled cartridge
                "proxyPort":"8280" // port on haproxy / loadbalancer
cartridge
             }
         ]

Thank you for all your quick support