Hi all,

Since we have the Service Group persistence now, we can change the
Composite Application to refer the previously deployed Service Groups [1].
WDYT?

The Subscribable section will carry subscription level information related
to each cartridge in the group. Even for a nested group, we can specify
this information as a flat structure (an array) since we already have
captured dependency information from the deployed Service Groups. I believe
this will reduce the complexity of this JSON definition. Note that there
are policies (autoscaling/deployment) defined per group and per
Subscribable. This is for the purpose of member/group wise scaling. Also
note the alias I have used for two Subscribables in the group; I believe we
can derive that from the group alias without the user having to give an
explicit alias for each Subscribable. Sent a separate mail to the dev list
suggesting that earlier with subject [2].

[1].
{
  "applicationId": "test_app",
  "alias": "myapp1",
  "components": [
    {
      "group": "group1",
      "alias": "mygroup1",
      "deploymentPolicy": "dep_policy_group1",
      "autoscalingPolicy": "autoscale_policy_group1",
      "subscribables": [
        {
          "type": "mysql",
          "alias": "mygroup1.mysql",
          "deploymentPolicy": "dep_policy_mysql",
          "autoscalingPolicy": "autoscale_policy_mysql"
        },
        {
          "type": "php",
          "alias": "mygroup1.php",
          "deploymentPolicy": "dep_policy_php",
          "autoscalingPolicy": "autoscale_policy_php",
          "repoURL": "www.mygit.com/php.git",
          "privateRepo": "true",
          "repoUsername": "admin",
          "repoPassword": "xxxx"
        }
      ]
    },

  ],
  "cartridges": [
    {
      "type": "tomcat",
      "alias": "mytomcat",
      "deploymentPolicy": "dep_policy_tomcat",
      "autoscalingPolicy": "autoscale_policy_tomcat",
      "repoURL": "www.mygit.com/tomcat.git",
      "privateRepo": "false",
      "repoUsername": "admin",
      "repoPassword": "yyyy"
    }
  ]
}

[2]. Composite Application Deployment and Subscription - Single Alias for a
Group

--
Thanks and Regards,

Isuru H.