Hi Isuru,

Separating the repository will just move the problem (of having to
manually update these files) rather than fix it?  I think we could fix
this problem as we are implement STRATOS-680.

The purpose of STRATOS-680 is to create zip archives of files in the
tool directory.  If we had a @VERSION_TOKEN@ in these files, the maven
goal for creating the zip archive could execute the maven replace
plugin to replace these tokens before zipping them?  Users would use
installer scripts extracted from the zip files when installing stratos
so the tokens would be replaced with the correct version.

The proposed changes are:

1) Rename /tools/puppet3 to /tools/puppet3-master to make it clear
that these scripts are for setting up a puppet master
2) Rename /tools/puppet3-agent to /tools/puppet3-cartridge to make it
clear that these scripts are for setting up a cartridge
3) 'mvn install' to create an archive:
'apache-stratos-puppet-master-files-x.y.z.zip' containing:
/tools/puppet3-master/*
4) 'mvn install' to create an archive:
'apache-stratos-puppet-cartridge-files-x.y.z.zip' containing:
/tools/puppet3-cartridge/*
5) 'mvn install' to create an archive:
'apache-stratos-installer-files-x.y.z.zip' containing:
/tools/stratos-installer/*

In summary, the archives created in 3,4 and 5 would have the tokens
replaced using the maven replacer plugin.  The Stratos release process
would NOT need to change these tokens.

WDYT?

Many thanks,

Chris